We all know how unhealthy the food we buy in the supermarket is. So why not get some autonomy and eat our food? There are many ways to do this – you could plant tomatoes and other beautiful vegetables, but what about protein?
Many people have decided that raising chicken could be a really good idea. It is quite cheap and you get a lot of benefits from it. First of all you have eggs most days and you can also have some meat from time to time.
So how much does it cost? The only thing a little more expensive is the chicken coop, but there are a lot of chicken coops for sale out there so it’s just a matter of choosing well. So here are 5 tricks to make a great investment:
1. Don’t buy plastic. Would you like to live in a plastic house? How would you like to feel? The first and most basic trick is not to buy plastic houses. There are a lot of them especially on eBay, but the truth is that chickens don’t lay eggs if they live in such a house. Plastic doesn’t “breathe,” so your chicken will feel really bad while in the coop. During the winter the plastic stays old and during the summer it makes things very hot. So avoid plastic chicken coops by all means!
2. The chicken needs space. Now you may have known this, but chickens are very social animals. They feel good when they can interact and when they can go out. They have conflicts and “friendships” and these social events keep them healthy. So the last thing you want to do is keep them grouped together in a small space. Try buying a ride with the house and try to give them some freedom.
3. It should be a one-time investment. A chicken coop is an investment, but it should be a one-time investment. You don’t have to buy a new co-op every year. So try to find chicken coops for sale that last. Look for real hardwood and not some cheap house. Better to pay once and a little more than to pay every year. It’s not worth it. houses for sale in crewe
4. Choose according to the number of chickens you want to raise. How many chickens do you want to raise? Decide on the number before you start shopping. It is important that the size of the coop and the pen is adequate for the number of chickens you will have.
5. Automate your work. Finally, you must also think about yourself. Do you want to clean every single day and make it a very difficult job or do you prefer to buy a litter box? How about waking up in the morning? Why not buy an automated door that can be set to open at 7am so you can stay longer in bed. Automation is great and will make your life a lot easier.